National Professional Standards for Teachers
I am extremely grateful that you have taken the time to look through my portfolio and the work that I have done as an educator. In Australia, we are expected to meet the criteria as set out by the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers. Within these standards, there are seven dimensions.
- Know student and how they learn
- Know the content and how to teach it
- Plan and implement effective teaching and learning
- Create and maintain supportive and safe learning environments
- Assess, provide feedback and report on student learning
- Engage in professional learning
- Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community
Although the above standards are not mutually exclusive, on each page, I would like to showcase my work that I have done in each area. Please feel free to click any of the links above, but also know that the work is continuous and ongoing.